Rare Roosebeck Descant Lute 7 Course 13 String Spruce Soundboard + Padded Gig Bag
The European lute is featured in instrumental music from the early Renaissance to the late Baroque periods. It's early origins are vague, but it's common ancestor is the Egyptian oud. There is evidence of the lute in Europe as early as the 12th century, but it really became popular in the 15th century, falling out of use around 1800. The lute enjoyed a revival with the early music movement of the twentieth century, and has grown in popularity.
- The body has a classic bowl back fashioned from lacewood staves.
- There are eight tied nylon frets on a lacewood neck that features a sheesham fret board.
- The peg box is beautifully decorated lacewood with sheesham tuners.
- The soundboard is made of European spruce with a sheesham bridge and sheesham end pin.
- Includes padded gig bag.
- Roosebeck 25 Inch Descant Lute 7 Course
- 13 Strings.
- Beautiful short necked lute.
- The term, Descant, refers to its size; placing this lute just above the alto lutes. It has 13 nylon strings in 7 courses with a scale length of 19.75" (500mm).
- Suggested tuning is: G4, D4/D4, A3/A3, F3/F3, C4/C3, G3/G2, F3/F2.
Free shipping on all orders in the USA.
Our amazing support team is here to help.
Simply return it within 30 days for an exchange.
We ensure secure payment and accept Stripe, Visa, Mastercard, Amex & Paypal.