Roosebeck Lacewood Hammered Dulcimer, 16/15 w/ Hammers + Dulcimer Stand
The Hammered Dulcimer has a beautiful, rich, full sound and has been used throughout the world for many centuries, originating in the Middle East. The name originates from the Latin word dulcis and the Greek word melos, which translates to Sweet Tune. This particular hammered dulcimer is a 16/15, which means there are 16 courses of strings crossing the treble bridge on the left, and 15 courses of strings crossing the bass bridge on the right. All together there are 31 courses made up of 2 strings each.
Accessories Included: One pair of two sided dulcimer hammers that have a leather pad on one side to create a softer sound. Both hammers are lacewood with sheesham trim. Also included is a tuning tool and drawstring bag.Body: Made of sheesham with opening in back that can be used as a carrying handle. Soundboard: The soundboard is solid lacewood and includes two sheesham rosettes over the sound holes. The rosettes feature an intricate vine and leaf pattern.Soundboard: The soundboard crafted from light colored hardwood, species may vary from image and includes two sheesham rosettes over the sound holes. The rosettes feature an intricate vine and leaf pattern.Bridge
- One pair of two sided dulcimer hammers
- Tuning tool & drawstring bag
- Item overall: 37.5 L x 4 H x 18.25 W
- Body: Solid Sheesham
- Soundboard: Light colored hardwood & includes 2 rosewood rosettes
- End Pegs: 62 metal end pegs located opposite the tuning pegs
- Tuning Pegs/ Levers: Includes 62 metal tuning pegs threaded into body
- Nut: 2 sheesham nuts; each placed on sides of instrument; each 14.5
- Shipped insured
- Brand new!