McNeela Arie de Keyzer Keyed Flute
Arie started making Flemish Pipes in the early 80's and soon moved on to making uilleann pipes and flutes. In the last twenty years he has established a reputation making a high quality Pratten, and Rudall & Rose style flutes for the traditional Irish music market.
- Irish keyed flute
- Three silver keys (C, G# and F)
- Silver rings
- Great definition in both the low and high octaves
- Beautiful smooth play
- Comes with a free foam-lined hard case
Take a look at award winning Irish flute player, Jillian O'Malley, playing Arie's keyed flute in our video.
African Blackwood is the tonewood of choice for top Irish flute players and flute makers. This dense hardwood offers a full bodied resonance and produces a strong, powerful tone.
- Always warm up before playing.
- Dry your wooden flute thoroughly after playing to prevent trapped moisture distorting and warping the wood.
- Always take the flute apart after playing and when storing, this takes pressure off the tenons.
- If in a particularly dry climate, lightly oil the bore of the flute, but no more than once a month as over-oiling can cause cracks.
- Use cork grease on the cork lapping to allow for ease of movement.
- Never pull the flute when disassembling, rather twist each part backwards and forwards and gently coax it off.
- Try to avoid very dry conditions and do not leave the flute in direct sunlight or near a source of heat.