The McNeela Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute
The best-selling wooden flute in our Irish flute store, the Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute, has been designed especially for traditional Irish music and for beginners and students of Irish and Celtic flute music. Irish flute teachers rate it as their preferred flute for students.
Is the Cygnet Rosewood Irish Flute right for you?
- Designed for traditional Irish music
- Best value beginner flute
- Easy to play
- Powerful Low D
- Good volume
- Mellow, woody tones
- Superb intonation
- Beautiful traditional finish
- Perfect for ‘trying out’ the wooden flute style
Listen to Robert Harvey play 'Carmel Mahoney Mulhaire' on the Cygnet flute video provided.
Features of the Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute:
- Key of D
- Simple System Keyless Flute
- Traditional Conical Bore
- 8 Tone Holes
- Small Embouchure - perfect for beginners
- Tuning Slide
- Crafted from Sustainable Indian Rosewood
- Free Premium Foam-Lined Hard Flute Case (For Limited Time Only)
Reviews of the Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute
The Session (thesession.org)
'I started my wooden flute experience on a Cygnet flute and I think it is a good instrument for beginners. The shape and the size of the embouchure hole made it easy for me to produce a decent tone soon (I also play the Boehm flute) and the intonation was good.'
- Gudrun K, classically trained musician.
Chiff & Fipple (chiffandfipple.com)
'The Cygnet flutes will get you hooked enough to go to the next level'
- Tommy Martin of Thornton Whistles
What music teachers are saying:
- There's a significant increase in speed of learning in comparison to other beginner flute models.
- Our students have more control, can build up their skill-set and awareness, and can quickly learn basic and intermediate Irish flute playing techniques.
- Students possess a more positive attitude during the learning process and we find they have a more enjoyable time throughout.