The Phoenix Concertina
**Reduced Priority Shipping to USA, UK, Canada and the Rest of the World**
This is the best intermediate concertina on the market. Developed by Paraic McNeela, the Phoenix concertina is a 30-button Anglo concertina in the key of C/G.
Now available in a brand new natural wood veneer finish! Choose your preferred finish above.
- Significant step up from beginner anglo concertinas
- Designed for Traditional Irish Music
- Fast and Responsive
- Perfect for rapid technique improvement
- Traditional concertina sound
- Built to progress up to professional level
- Key of C/G
- Choose your finish: Matt Black or Natural
- Choose your layout: Jeffries or Wheatstone
Hardware and Moving Parts
- Czech-made steel 'Tipo a Mano' reeds
- Traditional Riveted Action & Lever system
- 30 buttons plus raised air button
- Domed black Delrin® buttons
- 6-Fold Leather Bellows
- Adjustable soft leather hand-straps
- Wheatstone or Jeffries Layout
- 30 Day Money-Back Trial
- 3 Year Guarantee
- Free Online Concertina Lessons
- Comes with a premium concertina hard case
- Weighs 1kg
- Measures 6.3" across the flats (162 mm)
- Measures 5.75” end to end when compressed (146 mm)
- Czech-made hand-finished (tipo a mano) accordion steel reeds.
- They are highly responsive, producing a strong, rich, melodic tone, with wonderful balance across the octaves.
- Improved Lever and Traditional Riveted Action system for a rapid response.
- 6-fold leather bellows of traditional construction ensures flexibility, durability and response.
- Prevents side-ways flexing for improved volume, dynamics and control.
- Domed black Delrin® buttons with felt bushings for a friction-free super fast response and release.
- Choose between our classic matt black finish or our brand new natural wood veneer finish.
- The 30 Button Phoenix Anglo Concertina is fully chromatic meaning you can play in practically all musical keys.
"The Phoenix concertina represents a significant step up from our beginner anglo concertinas, the player will notice the vast improvement in response and tone immediately." - Paraic McNeela
The secret of all great concertina makes is in the reeds. The Phoenix has been crafted using the best quality materials available, including premium Czech-made reeds. We use ‘Tipo a Mano’ (hand-finished) reeds, from Swedish sound steel, producing a bright, sweet and melodious tone.
Czech reeds are renowned the world over for producing top quality tone and their strength and brightness makes the Phoenix a great traditional Irish session concertina when you need to be heard but not to dominate. Like all good reeds they open up and get even better with play.
Take Your Playing to the Next Level
The Phoenix is a great fit for the intermediate-advanced concertina player, crafted to the highest standard and perfect for students who are ready to advance and master their instrument.
When developing this concertina it was really put to the test. We had several trial sessions and received feedback from many concertina players.
The overwhelming response was that it matched concertinas twice the price for action and sound. This is a concertina that will serve you for years.